Wednesday, May 25, 2011

wish me luck

I think I am going to need it!

Last night I swatched for the most difficult thing I have ever knit. Seriously, the pattern is 13 pages!  There are charts, and more charts, a full page of legends for the charts, and Mirrored Double Decreases. What??? I'm not really sure what that is either. I'm in the process of learning as I go. The finished project will be the beautiful Catkin, by Carina Spencer.  

The swatch is about 4" by 4".  It took me 2 hours.  The final shawl measures about 50" by 18"...I'm unwilling to do the math to figure out how long it will take me.  Not only am I not capable of doing math after 9pm (or before 9pm really, who am I kidding, I'm not even sure I know how to add any more), I don't really want to know how long it will take.  Why suck the fun out of it, right?

Anyway, here is my swatch.  It is not perfect, and I am really glad I made it, so I know what to expect as I venture off to knit this crazy beautiful shawl.


My goal is to finish this project by the end of July, wish me luck, I think I will need it!

I have also managed to fold 1 load of laundry this week, it's still in the basket, but it's folded!  Let's not talk about all the other loads though, ok?

2 comments:

  1. I love it!! Ive heard others say that after getting the pattern down, its like second nature and easier

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really love it with the Briar!! You've made it farther than me, I messed up my gauge swatch :hide:

    ReplyDelete