Monday, January 30, 2012

little man's hat mash up

My littlest monkey needed a new hat...well, needed it sort of a stretch, but we lost his mama made hat on a fun family trip to Williamsburg.  I think it's sad to lose a handmade hat, but it is bound to happen.   At least it was on an awesome little outing and not just a trip to the grocery store.   I felt it wasn't right to have 2 little monkeys, and only one with a handmade hat.  

I decided to mash up two of my favorite hat patterns, for a variety of reasons, including not having enough solid color yarn to make the Fortnight (by Jared Flood) as written with cables on the top.  Cables and color way do not generally go together in my book.  So, I used the bottom garter portion of the Fortnight hat, and then I flipped it inside out, and used the Regina (by Carina Spencer) hat as a guide to finish the top.  It came out just how I envisioned, and think it makes a cute little boy hat.


I've also knit both hats as the patterns are written (see below), and they are both awesome hats, with extremely well written patterns.  If you haven't tried these patterns, check them out!

 Fortnight
Regina

No comments:

Post a Comment